Friday, May 4, 2012

An Impromptu Baby Shower


What happens when you get a wild idea to throw someone a baby shower and give yourself just 2 days?  If you have friends like mine, it turns out awesome!!  First of all, I didn't have to worry about invitations.  I just called people, promised them that they were not the last to know and that truly I was inviting everyone very last-minute, and warned everyone it would be super low-key with nothing but a cake.  That way there was zero pressure, and everything added was a bonus!

Of course, I needed lots of "help."  Here the girls were taking care of the leftover frosting for me!

I've always wanted to do the little bunting cake that I see all over other blogs.  So cute and so simple.  Not to mention, I am not very good at decorating cakes, so this is a simple solution!



I've also always wanted to try the sewed polka dot garlands.  Oh, they are so simple and so sweet!  Not-to-mention versatile, so I will be using them, again!



I got to see lots of friends from the past, which was an added bonus!  Such amazing women!



About to answer the door... did I mention it was a total surprise?

Yes, it was a TOTAL surprise!  Oh, the best kind.  We got her good!  This lady is was the former coordinator of MOPS -- she showed me what it means to lead with humility and she served so many ladies so well!  What an honor to be able to surprise her!




It really was a whirlwind.  There were kids to be picked-up from school!

Quick, everybody eat!


Ok, let's eat cake and open presents at the same time!



Ugh -- Mr. Noah, you are too handsome!





Anybody up for a game?  The girls really did help me with this game, as well.  Everyone had a baby word taped to their back.  Whoever could guess their item in the fewest number of questions was the winner.


Miss Sarah was the best; somebody comments, "This reminds me of you." First guess... "Dirty diaper."







Yeah.  Pretty hilarious!  Good times, good times.  

Of course, I couldn't do just cake -- I could have, but that wouldn't be fun.  I truly enjoy this part of life; the celebrations.  And, to celebrate a new life coming into such a wonderful family; pure joy!  I only wished I had more time.  Two days went by fast.  The shower went by fast.

As I was up late the night before, I was getting really tired.  I wanted to put the day to rest, but God was tugging at my heart.  My girls were truly having a rough day that day -- they could not get along for 5 minutes!  (I am so thankful most days are not like that). I, myself, was not the most fun to be around, either.  I had very little patience.  It was not a good combo. My girls love letters; I needed to write them a letter of apology to wake-up to.


Kids are so gracious and ready to forgive.  

It turned into a wonderful discussion, as well.  Allison asked if it was easy to write the letter.  I explained that sometimes it's easy to ask forgiveness, and other times it is not.  The Devil likes us to think that we don't need to because the other person is wrong, too.  But, it is our responsibility to do the right thing.   

So grateful for teaching moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment