Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mini Getaway


 Can you guess where we went for our little mini-getaway?

 Palm Springs!  Even after 10 years together, Daniel and I have never driven the mere 60 miles east to Palm Springs... until yesterday!  My sweet husband decided to surprise us all with a little mini getaway.  It may have been just one night and 60 miles, but it felt like a world and a lifetime away.  It absolutely amazes me what even a tiny vacation can do for you!



Within seconds of arriving, the kids were in their swimsuits and rearing to go swimming.  Just look at Sierra's face... "Can we go, already?"  And just look at my little man and his chunkers in his first swimsuit.  It's amazing I didn't eat him up!



 I'm not going to lie to you... seeing myself in a swimsuit for the first time this season has definitely made me think I should cut back on desserts and iced coffee.  I definitely need some sort of motivation!  Why is it that the chunkies look so cute on my little man, and not-so-cute on me?
 


 There was a perfect little toddler pool for our toddler.  However, she decided she liked the big pool better and spent most of her time in there with us.

 Allison has become quite comfortable in the water and is becoming a good swimmer -- I'm very proud of her!

 Malachi was an awesome sport, despite being tired. He seemed to love the water and I have a feeling he'll be quite the swimmer!

 

 What a daddy!

 Me and my boy chilling and watching...

 Don't mind the old couple making out in the corner...

 And, I just had to capture the little piggies!





 Yup... the swimming wiped him out good!
 After getting washed up and letting the boy rest, we headed to downtown for dinner.









We finally stumbled upon a Mexican place called, "Blue Coyote."









The food was YUMMY!!


After dinner, we went to the famous tram for a 6,000 foot, 11-minute, 2 1/2 mile tram ride. 

 3 words:
  1. breath-taking
  2. spectacular
  3. scary!!!!




Really, the pictures don't do it any justice.  It is incredible. 



I was so happy to have the end in sight.

 I was surprised when we reached the top and my legs began to shake.  What an adventure!  It was absolutely gorgeous, and the air was so fresh and cool.  It was 71 degrees -- the perfect temperature.  Unfortunately, the girls were SOOOO tired.  Poor Allison only wanted to sleep.  She begged to turn right around, and so 30 minutes later we were on a tram back down.  











The next morning, we were up bright and early as usual.  Why don't kids know how to sleep-in?



We went to Ruby's for breakfast, and were quite happy about our choice.  They have an awesome breakfast selection, extra-long booths for our big family, and a fun alternative to coloring; making punch-out 3-d mascots.

After breakfast, we headed back to the hotel for a morning swim.  It was already quite warm.  We ended the day with frozen yogurt and a stroll through downtown before driving back home.  Thanks again for the wonderful surprise, sweet husband!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE PALM SPRINGS! We went there for our honeymoon! Looks like you had a great time! Have a great Mother's Day today!

    ReplyDelete