Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rolling Foamies


 I discovered a long time ago that an ordinary craft can easily become a new and exciting craft just by doing a simple switch-up.  For example, give kids toothbrushes instead of paintbrushes to paint with.  Or, give them paper towels instead of paper.  Really, any little switch-up adds a new element of fun!

I got the idea from Pinterest to put foamies onto old plastic lids to create stamps.  I thought it was quite clever.  However, as we were sitting doing playdough the other morning, I had a new idea -- why not put foamies onto our playdough rollers for rolling stamps!!!

 I am quite fond of crafts that take some time.  I still get frustrated when our 2-year-old begs for paints only to swipe the brush once and exclaim, "Done."  This craft took a bit of ime, so it made me happy.  
Step 1:  Choose your foamies
 Step 2:  Peel and stick them onto your roller.

 Step 3:  Give a cheesy smile for the camera.  (This step is completely optional.)


 Step 4:  Paint your foamies.



 And, Step 5:  Roll away!




 Step 6:  Stand back and admire your artwork.


 Step 7:  Repeat steps 1 - 6.



Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment