Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Allison's First Recital

 Hair.  I keep mine short for several reasons.  For one, I don't like the feeling of long hair on me. Of course, I've also had infants for the last several years who like to tug at hair.  But, mostly I am just not good at "doing hair."


And, my lack of skill when it comes to doing hair was one of the main reasons I couldn't believe God was going to make me a "girl mom."  (Ok, so I am not technically just a girl mom now, but it still feels like it!)   There were other reasons, too... I don't like dressing-up, princesses, or Barbies. I was always more into playing sports at the beach than laying out with my friends. I hate manicures and pedicures.  (I know it's weird!)  My ears are pierced, but I'm too lazy to wear earrings.  And, I am clueless about make-up other than a little mascara! 

But, God has shown me how blessed I am to be a girl mom, as well.  I love our talks.  Oh, they can be so emotional - but so deep, so thoughtful, and so fun to talk to!  I love our baking and our decorating for special occasions.  And, I especially love our crafts.  Yes, I was meant to be a girl mom -- (But God knew I needed one little boy, too!)

 Yes, I would love to kiss you my dear.  What?  That's not a kissy face?  MUAH!

 Anyway, it is definitely humbling and wonderful to realize I can't do it all.  And, it is so wonderful to have friends who can fill-in the gaps for me with the talents that I am lacking.  My dear friend Tricia, who is also the amazing mom who made the last 2 birthday cakes for me, has an incredible hair talent.  I jokingly asked her to do a treble clef in Allison's hair for her piano recital, and I bet she could!

 We didn't have much time between church and the recital, but she still managed to do both Natalie and Allison's hair for me.  So sweet!  The girls were so excited about it, too.

 There were 27 students at the recital.  They are all students of our wonderful Mrs. Hoffman.  (Doesn't her name just sound like that of a music teacher?)

 Allison was 3rd in line.  In the car she said she was mostly excited, but 25% nervous.  Ha!  Once we got there, the stats changed to 50-50.

 Truly, I think Daniel and I were more nervous than Allison.  But, she did great!  She seemed very confident and excited, and played very well.  I wish I had the video to show you, but it's too big of a file and I am not that savvy, yet. 

 I almost missed getting this last picture.  I wanted to catch a picture of her doing her curtsy, but I also wanted to make sure she saw me clapping.  After all, she warned us to be a "good audience."  I clapped and snapped and edited and this is what I got:

I'm so proud of my sweet girl!  And, proud to be a (mostly) girl mom!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment