Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Earth Day Re-purposed



I've never been a huge fan of earth day.  Of course, I teach my kids to recycle and be good stewards of the earth; (especially if it involves re-purposing an object; too fun!)  But, I worry about those who tend to worship the creation more than the Creator.  My super-clever friend who shares this view with me came up with a wonderful alternative to celebrating earth day and did a "Creation Day," at her house!

 She began having the kids read the creation story in their Bibles while doing a storyboard to go along with it.




 The littles were given brown, green, and blue playdough to eat play with.


 And, the big kids had this at their disposal:

 Each kid chose a day of creation and then got creative.  God was so awesome to create us in His image -- we are not just any other creation, we ourselves are creaters!









Finally, the kids each took a turn explaining their picture.  Thank you, dear friend, for planning this awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment