Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Little Project!

Remember these planks?  They were the old boards to a falling-apart-storage-bench left here by the previous owners.  They almost ended up in the trash -- almost!  That is, until I decided to recycle them into a little art for our bedroom inspired by Pinterest.


My husband was so good... he got right to cleaning and sanding them for me right away.  He even glued them together and then fastened them to a board.  And, there they sat in my room... just waiting for a little inspiration!

I knew pretty quickly that I wanted to put my orange magnet board on the top.  I loved the contrast of the shiny orange with the old wood.  I also knew that I wanted to paint some sort of word(s) on the bottom... but what?  The problem wasn't not finding words, but finding too many and having trouble deciding.


My inspiration came on Easter morning.  I leaned over to my husband and whispered, "This is it!"  I was pointing to my bulletin.  Our pastor is beginning a series called, "The Blessed Life."  I loved the graphic and the word "blessed."  That pretty much sums up how I feel; blessed!  I was so excited, I got to painting right away!


And, here it is on our wall:

1 comment: