Friday, April 27, 2012

Easter 2012


 We had such a wonderful Easter, I really had to go back and share it.  We had crafts...


My parents came to visit, which is always wonderful.  I decided to try carrot cake pancakes, and guess what?  Yeah, they tasted just like carrot cake!

 One of my favorite games as a kid was checkers.  I taught Allison our Easter version, "Chickers," and she had fun challenging Grandpa.  Maybe next ear she'll win!  :)

 For our actual Easter Sunday breakfast we did "bunnies in the nest."




 I'll be honest... I'm not too fond of Easter baskets; way too much candy!  (Of course, it's my fault, but still...)  I was so excited to find these "Nobunny loves you like Jesus" printables on Pinterest.  Very fun! 

 The girls were thrilled to discover their Easter baskets and got right to coloring.  I love the jammies and sleepy-eyed girls in these pictures!
 

 

After breakfast, the girls put on their Hawaiian dresses from Uncle Nate for church.  Good thing it was warm out!  Mr. Handsome was put in pastel blue overalls.  Our service was amazing.  I am so thankful for our incredible church.  You can check it out here.
 
We finally colored our eggs on Easter afternoon.  Silly Mommy used rice wine vinegar, (as that was all we had!)  Just so you know, it doesn't work. you need the real deal!  But, we had fun trying!



As a little girl, every year my mom would make these elaborate eggs for me to color.  Now she makes them for my girls!



Easter was also a special day as it was the day we moved our chickens into their coop.


Love this picture of Natalie!







 Ha!


My parents brought along with them a bunch of Meyer lemons... mmm.... so we made some fresh lemonade and lemon meringue pie for Easter dinner dessert.


As always, my husband did an amazing job with our Easter dinner!  The prime rib was fabulous!  After dinner, we went for a family walk.  Once again, this was nostalgic for me as I loved family walks after holiday dinners when I was a kid.  My girls seem to be taking after me.  It was a perfect end to our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment