Friday, April 27, 2012

Egg Hunt 2012

I'll never forget my first time taking Allison to a public Easter egg hunt.  I was definitely way more excited than her, since she was too young to even know what was going on!  But, it was a milestone -- something I was so excited to do as a mom; take my kid to their first Easter egg hunt!

The kids were divided up by age.  That seemed fair and appropriate.  I figured some of the eggs would be less hidden for the little ones.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered the eggs weren't hidden at all!  It was a big grassy field marked off by age.  When the whistle blew, it was a mad scramble to fill your bucket with as many eggs as possible.  Allison just stood there.  I picked one up for her. It had a hard candy inside that she was too young for.  The next thing I knew, all the eggs were gone and it was over.  Say wha--??  We only got one egg!

All that to say, I am not a fan of public egg hunts, and was thrilled when a sweet friend invited us over for an egg hunt and potluck lunch.  She began by showing the kids the Bible.  She pointed out that if we never open our Bibles, we will never find the treasures inside just like if we never opened our Easter eggs -- so clever, and so true!


Next, we went outside for the hunt.  he egs were not just scattered on the grass, but carefully hidden; way more fun!


Allison spotted one egg way up high.  She was so proud, as she remembered her Papa's story of climbing a tree to find the big golden egg!





We were blessed to have Grandma with us.
Lunch time!!

Oh, sweet boy!  Next year you can run around, too!

I'm sure you're drooling over the cake pops.  I did, too!  Yes, they were just as yummy as they looked!

No comments:

Post a Comment